Services are available to adults and young adults living in the Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow areas.
Conditions treated include:
- Neurology e.g. Stroke, Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and neuropathies.
- Chronic Pain e.g. chronic upper limb, back, neck, pelvic and neuropathic pain, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), non-specific upper limb pain and non-use.
- Frail Elderly e.g. falls, mild cognitive impairments, Dementia.
- Chronic conditions management e.g. COPD and other pulmonary conditions, cardiac, endocrinology (e.g. diabetes), arthritis and osteoarthritis.
A wide range of assessments and interventions are available. These include but are not limited to:
- Functional assessment of a wide range of daily activities and tasks (transfers, PADL, DADL, IADL). Standardised assessment and reporting available where required with the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS).
- Recommendations and advice for adaptive aids for daily living in the home and work environment.
- Assessments in the home and/or work environment where feasible.
- Arm and hand assessment and rehabilitation for neurological conditions. This includes improving functional use, strength, range of movement and dexterity.
- Oedema (swelling in the hand) Management post stroke.
- Mirror Therapy.
- Graded Motor Imagery for CRPS.
- Cognitive assessment and rehabilitation.
- Visual perceptual assessment and rehabilitation.
- Sensory assessment and retraining for numbness and allodynia/hyper-sensitivity.
- Self-management skills for chronic pain (pacing, work-simplification, posture and body mechanics, sleep hygiene etc.).
- Fatigue Management.
- Return to work planning and job retention enablement.
- Workstation review and recommendations.
- Breathlessness Management.
- Joint Protection.
- Falls Prevention.
Please contact me directly about your individual needs.